Do you want to make more money? Would you like to get rich? Do you want to create wealth and abundance in your life?
If you ask Google these money questions, you will get a bajillion hits (Okay, let me be exact, 2.3 Trillion Hits!).
No shortage of websites waiting to take your hard-earned money to show you how to make more money. In fact, “Make more money” is one of top searched terms by all humanity online, because like it or not, money brings security, comfort, and ease and ability to live a sweet life.
We can argue the happiness part but you can’t argue the other stuff.
So why do you suppose you are not making more money right now in your life?
This question used to boggle my mind early in my corporate career when I struggled with making more money at my corporate job … until the day that I had my paradigm shift.
And the shift is this: You cannot make more money – or attract wealth and abundance into your life – if you suffer from this one little syndrome:
You don’t believe you deserve it.
That’s right. You don’t make more money because you don’t believe you deserve it. All this money, that is.
You may say you do. You may swear you do. But until you have separated your true self from your ego self, you will fail.
This “I don’t deserve it”, or “I’m not worthy of it” premise about money is the foundation of self-limiting beliefs that keeps you hostage to your financial situation, and it’s not the only one. I have coached several clients through these self-limiting beliefs, and you know the most shocking part? They don’t have the awareness to recognize how their thoughts ruin their finances and destroy their chances of making a lot of money.
Here are some other self-limiting beliefs that prevent you from making your own millions right now:
- You don’t want to – you’re perfectly happy with your state of finances.
- You don’t think you deserve it even though you’d never admit this.
- You don’t think it’s possible given your life’s situation.
- You think rich is evil and poverty is noble.
- You think money will make you do bad things.
- You believe you will lose your friends who also believe # 1,2, 3 above.
- You feel torn, guilty and conflicted about your desire to be wealthy and prosperous.
- You blame your parents for not having enough money and not teaching you better.
- You believe riches are bestowed upon a lucky few.
- You think you will be unhappy because money isn’t supposed to buy happiness.
- You think the only way to be wealthy is if you married into wealth or came of wealth.
- You have none of these self-limiting beliefs, you just have no idea how to make more money yet you won’t seek expert advice.
If you don’t have any of these self-limiting beliefs at all, and still struggle with your finances, leave me a comment below and explain your situation.
Blame the Ego. Then Fix Your Money Problem.
The good news is that the self-limiting beliefs stem from your ego, not you.
This was a huge distinction for me and one that led me to huge corporate success and later to business success so please let me explain as I’d hate for you to dismiss it too soon.
Your ego is angry you’re not making more money, because the jokers who are don’t “deserve it” and you with all your hard work do.
Your ego wants to yell and complain and show you how to stand up for yourself. Your ego wants justice and payback and entitlement.
Your ego wants you to be the victim and feel bad about your situation and tell everyone you meet about it in great detail.
Your ego worries you’ll never ever make more money. Your ego is angry, worried, stressed and abysmal about your future prospects.
The good news is that you are NOT your ego. Your ego is a deranged and judgmental part of you that you must learn to carefully and successfully ignore if you want happiness, inner peace, abundance and wealth, that is.
I have always loved money. I’ve never understood this guilt complex around money and yet I struggled in making things happen earlier in my life.
The paradigm shift for me happened the moment I decided that I was worthy of more and that meant saying no to everything that did not meet that bar. I mean: everything.
That meant being fearless enough to take chances, to risk failure and to handle success – all of which have been terrifying, and oh so worth it.
This paradigm shift meant that not only am I worthy of the wealth I picture, I am also capable of creating it, and doing so while staying true to my core values because those are nonnegotiable.
This process could only take place after I had identified the voice of the ego and silenced it, so that I could hear the voice of my own heart. Of my true self.
Create Your Paradigm Shift Around Money Now
How did I create this paradigm shift around money?
I changed my inner dialogue with the help of positive affirmations. One word at a time. One sentence at a time. One story at a time.
When your beliefs stem from your truth, not from your anger or your rage or frustrations or disappointments but from your best authentic self, you know you’ve set aside the ego and have moved past the first huge block in your progress.
Before we get to the top 25 money affirmations, I want to share what Jim Carrey told Oprah after describing his powerful wealth visualization techniques when he was a nobody.
You can’t do the visualization and then go eat a sandwich. You have to do the work. ~Jim Carrey
So that much is implied. There’s no free lunch. But your mind has got to be in the right place before you can get to work. So first, the visualization. Or in our case, the money affirmations.
25 Money Affirmations to Attract Wealth and Abundance
- I am a magnet for money. Prosperity is drawn to me.
- Money comes to me in expected and unexpected ways.
- I move from poverty thinking to abundance thinking.
- I am worthy of making more money.
- I am open and receptive to all the wealth life offers me.
- I embrace new avenues of income.
- I welcome an unlimited source of income and wealth in my life.
- I release all negative energy over money.
- Money comes to me easily and effortlessly.
- I use money to better my life and the lives of others.
- Wealth constantly flows into my life.
- My actions create constant prosperity.
- I am aligned with the energy of abundance.
- I constantly attract opportunities that create more money.
- My finances improve beyond my dreams.
- Money is the root of joy and comfort.
- Money and spirituality can co-exist in harmony.
- Money and love can be friends.
- Money is my servant.
- I am the master of my wealth.
- I am able to handle large sums of money.
- I am at peace with having a lot of money.
- I can handle massive success with grace.
- Money expands my life’s opportunities and experiences.
- Money creates positive impact in my life.
You are worthy of having more money. You are allowed to enjoy financial abundance.
Do you want to discover how easy it is to turn your life from a constant state of financial struggle into a state of peaceful prosperity?
Do you want to build a healthy relationship with money and never again feel guilty about attracting wealth and abundance into your life?
Speak Your Mind about Money
So now it’s your turn. Leave a comment telling us whether you have self-limiting beliefs and if you will be doing the money affirmations with me to attract wealth and abundance into your life. Amen
This article originally appeared on Prolificliving.com. This article like many others on An Unlimited Amount Of Money is republished and licensed under Creative Commons. Please continue to share and site your sources.