Build wealth to become financially free; and it’s not all about the money. More people get depressed, get divorced, and get stressed over money issues than most other worries. By eliminating the living paycheck to paycheck fears and making money to build long term wealth, emergency savings, and money for retirement, you remove one of life’s greatest stressors.
Practice these five tips and you will build wealth for a lifetime.
In fact, check out the sidebar of this site and notice which articles are the most popular, the wealth building posts.
Ways to Get Rich
How to make these money making ideas work for you? Although the internet is filled with get rich quick queries, luck is the prime driver of “getting rich quickly“. This article is going to teach you ways to get rich which are actionable and lead to making money over time. Getting rich quickly is similar to losing 50 pounds in a month or two and keeping it off. Getting rich quickly doesn’t work and neither does extreme dieting!
Money Making Strategies: Take one or two strategies, and implement them one at a time. Start with one money making strategy at a time and practice it for a month or two before moving on to the next.
Do not make too many changes at once. Kind of like dieting, you can’t cut your calories from 3,000 per day to 1,000 and expect to stick with it. You’ll binge and end up back where you started. In spending, if you make too many drastic changes at once it’s difficult to maintain the severe restraint.
Make sure to write down your money making and wealth building strategy to remind yourself to stick with it.
Poor money habits weren’t developed overnight and you’re not going to get rid of them immediately. Some of these tips are familiar, others may be new.
Do not click off until you’ve tried at least one new wealth building strategy.
5 Tips to Get Rich; Ways to Get Rich One Step at a Time
1. Earn more now. Ask your boss for a raise. Companies are not hiring new workers and they’re asking employees to work harder. Sell your excellent performance and contribution to the company with concrete examples. Negotiating for a higher salary, based upon your contribution to the company, is an excellent way to get rich. Research typical pay for your position, focus on how you help the company achieve it’s goals, and do not be afraid to ask for a raise. Corporate profits are increasing and now is an excellent time for you to benefit.
2. Sell your skills and boost your income. Everyone has some unique skill. Hey, I paid several hundred bucks to a guy with a pick up truck to haul away our moving boxes. Check out Craigslist for ideas of skills or stuff to sell. El Carino and I have always worked multiple jobs. He consults on the side and writes books. Be creative and look for the small paths to build wealth.
3. Get educated. College graduates earn more than high school grads, and those with graduate degrees earn the most. Don’t worry if you’re not academically inclined, get a trade degree, plumbers and electricians are also in demand. Coursera offers free classes from world renowned professors. Community colleges have low cost certificate programs to train you for greater money making careers and opportunities.
4. Automate your saving and investing. Financially, by automating you are training your money to make more money for you. Go to your personnel office and direct them to transfer a set amount each pay period in to your retirement account and another amount into a bank savings account, to be used only for real emergencies. Learn how to invest fast in my free 20 Minute Guide to Investing. You will not miss money that you don’t see.
5. Go on a shopping fast. Shop your closet. Teach your kids that stuff doesn’t equal happiness. Trent Hamm of the Simple Dollar has some excellent strategies to break a shopping addiction. Say no to yourself and your kids for a certain time period. (Remember not to splurge at the end of the period). Repeat the fast on occasion. Understand the difference between wants and needs.
Bonus Tip: Here’s a video on….
The Modern Laws Of Wealth: 11 Secrets Only Millionaires Know Revealed
Although more money reduces financial stress-true wealth goes beyond money. Remember to build wealth in money and life.
Which tip is your favorite? Are you already practicing any of these wealth building and money making ideas?
a version of this article was previously published