Passengers arriving at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport, Mumbai can now get RT-PCR Test at the airport premises. This new service is second in India where Delhi has an RT-PCR testing lab available at the airport.
Passengers arriving Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport, Mumbai can avail RT-PCR Test at the premises which will help them to skip institutional quarantine and mandatory negative COVID-19 certificate in order to fly within India.
The RT-PCR testing can be done at Terminal 02 and you need to follow some procedures before you book the test. The procedures to book RT-PCR Test at CSMIA are as below:
- Passengers can book for RT-PCR Test at the airport via ICMR-approved Suburban Diagnostics laboratory website or can also visit the helpdesk located at the arrival section.
- The testing facility is open 24×7 and is priced at INR 1,600 (22$) which is at par with other authorised labs.
- There is a waiting lounge located for the passengers who avail test at the lab, alternatively, passengers can also book a room at the airport hotel after getting permission from the state government.
- The test results come within 08 hours and both hard and soft copy of the results will be provided to the passengers.
- Passengers who are negative Covid-19 can go ahead to the desired destination after getting a stamp from local authorities showing home quarantine which has been stamped by the authorities.
- Passengers who are tested positive for Covid-19 will be moved to authorised quarantine centre and will be kept under observation.
- The airport has announced to all passengers that the next flight needs to be scheduled to be at a gap of 8-12 hours.
- The testing service will now be available for arriving passengers at the airport, however, the service will soon be extended to departing passengers too.
- According to the norms, all international passengers should undertake 7 days of institutional quarantine and 7 days of home quarantine. However, passengers showing negative Covid-19 certificate can skip 7 days of institutional quarantine and can follow the 7 day home quarantine period. But the negative Covid-19 test result should not be more than 96 hours.
- The Civil Aviation Minister had ordered all airports to offer the testing facility to International transit passengers, however, CSMIA has taken up the initiative to test all international and domestic passengers.