When we talk about the most expensive cars in the world or luxury cars, we mistakenly think that they are simply cars that, in addition to the typical and necessary, are endowed with some luxury elements, but there is much more to it. The designers and manufacturers of these luxury automobiles create real works of art for the enjoyment of those who can enjoy them.
Vehicles that show the latest in green technology, security, and entertainment systems are leading us to the future are making history.
In general, these high-end cars tend to stand out for their sporty appearance in most cases. Driving a Bugatti, Lamborghini, McLaren, Mercedes or Rolls-Royce is synonymous with excitement, adventure, desire to travel, and feeling the thrill of the power of your engine.
Some luxury vehicles are marketed as a different brand from the manufacturer, precisely to give added value to that category that distinguishes them from classic brand products.
For the vast majority of us, if we don’t win a big lottery jackpot at Lottohoy, we’ll have to settle for reading about these cars and watching some videos.
Classification of cars by their luxury rating
We can see that even among high-end cars, there are several categories: ultra-luxury cars, luxury supercars, luxury sports cars, and lastly, luxury car brands.
Automobiles such as, Bentley (United Kingdom) stand out as the most popular, followed by Rolls Royce (United Kingdom), Germany’s MayBach and Lagonda, another UK company.
In all of them there is a common factor: artisan manufacture, which in many cases include personalization for exclusive clients.
In the case of the Bentley brand, its model ”Bacalar” is up to now the most expensive, with a pricetag of around 2 million euros, and its manufacture would be limited to just a dozen units.
Roll Royce and its model “Sweptail” can be considered the most expensive in the world known to date. There is no official price, as it is a commissioned job, but the price is estimated to be around 10 million pounds.
The Maybach “Exelero“, a car that weighed 2.66 tons and its priced according to its size, 7 million euros. But it was not as successful as expected.
On the subject of an ultra-luxury car, we cannot ignore the Aston Martin Lagonda Taraf, a car that was initially created for sale in the Middle East and with a price that can start over 700,000 pounds.
Here we enter the range of the most luxurious and expensive sports cars. Brands such as the French Bugatti, the Swedish Koenigsegg, or the American SSC.Within the range of the Bugatti manufacturer, we can find cars that are already part of history, due to their age and their price, only for collectors.
- Bugatti Type 57 SC Atlantic Coupé from 1936, an estimated value slightly over 100 million euros (available to only a few).
- Bugatti Type 41 Royale from 1938, with an estimated value of 30 million euros.
- Bugatti Vision Gran Turismo from 2015, with an estimated 10 million euros cost.
Vehicles currently sold as a new by Bugatti:
- Bugatti Centodieci, about 9.7 million euros.
- Bugatti La Voiture Noire, the most expensive in the world currently 16.5 million euros.
Regarding the Swedish manufacturers, the Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita, is around 5 million euros, while the North American SSC (Shelby SuperCars), with its “Tuatara” may not be the most expensive vehicle or one of the most expensive in the world, but its manufacturer is working to make it the fastest, trying to exceed the 447.2 km / h top speed of the Koenigsegg Agera RS.
Luxury sports cars
At the top of this large group of the world’s most expensive cars, within the range of luxury sports cars, is the German Porsche, along with the Italians Ferrari, Maserati, Alfa Romeo and Lamborghini. We can’t forget the UK brands Aston Martin and McLaren either.
As in the case of luxury Supercars, in this case also the collector’s items have the highest prices. Some example of these collection relics with dream prices are:
- Porsche 911 GT1, a unit that was registered and has its own name (Strassenversion) and belongs to a person who paid a whopping 12.3 million euros for it.
- Ferrari 335 Sport Scaglietti, auctioned for 31.2 million euros.
- Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B from 1937, reached 16.7 million euros.
- Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B Lungo Spider, reached 17.5 million euros.
- Lamborghini Veneno Roadster, unit 7 of the 9 manufactured, reached the extraordinary figure of 7.6 million euros.
- Aston Martin DBR1 from 1956, an amount of 20.4 million euros was paid.
- McLaren F1 with frame # 018 and under details of LM High Downforce Package, was auctioned in 2019 for an amount of 19.8 million dollars.
Probably Mercedes Benz brand is the most popular luxury car brand. Their cars are usually of good quality, well-made, safe, and not lacking in luxury. Other brands as BMW, Cadillac, Lexus, Audi, Volvo, Jaguar, Acura, Lincoln, Land Rover, Tesla, Chrysler, Pontiac, Infiniti Genesis, have very special models and are very valued among cars lovers all around the world.
A special mention in this segment is the Acura NSX Exclusive car, whose basic starting price is around 4.65 million dollars.