The Global Talent Visa is primarily designed for promising individuals who want to work in the UK or run a business in the UK if they are a leader or potential leader in one of the fields of academia or research, arts and culture, and digital technology. However, an individual can only apply for a uk Global Talent Visa if he or she has successfully achieved an endorsement from a respective UK Endorsement body. The endorsing bodies in the UK are Tech Nation for Digital Technology, The Royal Society-For Science and Medicine, The Royal Academy-For Engineering, The British Academy-For Humanities, Arts Council England-For Arts and Culture, and the UK Research and Innovation (UKRI)-For Research applicants. Tech Nation is the Home Office designated endorsing body who is authorised to examine endorsement applications from applicants with expertise in digital technology.
Tech Nation accepts applications from individuals with technical and/or Business skills in the digital technology sector. Technical applicants must evidence technical expertise with the latest technology whereas Business applicants must evidence a proven investment, commercial, or product expertise considering digital product businesses are concerned.
Examples of Technical Skills
DevOps/SysOps Engineers, Experienced Data Scientist/data engineers, Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language, Principal Software Engineers/Developers, Cybersecurity experts, Processing and Machine Learning Experts (AI, NLP, ML), Hardware Engineers, Experienced front-end developers, Experienced video game developers, Experienced UX/UI Designers, Operating Systems Engineers, Experienced Mobile App Developers, CTO, Experienced backend developers, Virtual and augmented reality developers.
Examples of Business Skills
Experience of leading substantial VC Investment, Experience of growing product-led digital technology sector, Experience as a business/commercial Lead, Solution Sales Experts, Sector-specific experience, Experienced Product Manager, Solution sales skills performed for expanding B2B digital business, SaaS for digital services, Performance marketing experts, Experienced and Senior PE Analysts, and Experience as a C Suite in SMEs.
Please note that there are specialisms which are not suitable under Global Talent Visa are Service Delivery, Consultancy (technical or management), Outsourcing, Process Delivery, System Admins, Corporate roles of managing corporate teams, and junior analysts/investors
There are two options for applicants applying for endorsement in Tech Nation. Exceptional Talent applicants will already have gained recognition as leaders in their qualifying field. Exceptional Promise will be potential leaders who are likely to be earlier in the career, typically holding a 5 or less commercial experience. The candidates are yet to establish a track record of innovation. Also, note that Tech Nation’s discretion is to examine each application based on its own merits and make a recommendation in favour of or against endorsement.
- Have a proven track record of innovation in the sector of digital technology
- Proof of recognition for work outside the occupation that he or she has contributed to the advancement of the digital technology sector.
- Have made noticeable commercial, technical, or entrepreneurial contributions.
- Have been recognised as a leading talent in the sector.
- Have undergone continuous learning/mastery of digital skills i.e. technical or commercial.
- Have demonstrated exceptional ability in the area of expertise by making academic contributions.
- Exceptional Promise
- Provide more than one example of innovation in the form of pieces of evidence in the digital technology sector.
- Proof of recognition for work outside the individual’s occupation that has contributed to the advancement of digital technology sector.
- Have made noticeable commercial, technical, or contributions in the sector.
- Have been recognised as having the prospect to be a leading talent.
- Have undergone learning/mastery of new digital skills i.e. technical or commercial.
- Provide more than one example to demonstrate exceptional ability in the digital technology field by making academic contributions.
An applicant can expect a fast track decision if he or she being accepted onto a current programme at one of the renowned UK accelerators programmes like Antlers, Barclays Accelerators, Collider, Bethnal Green Ventures, Cylon, Creative Destruction Lab, Founder’s Academy, Entrepreneurs first, Founder Factors, and many more.
Need to know more about Global Talent Visa? We can help.
A Y & J Solicitors is a multi-award winning UK Immigration law firm with a decade of experience recommended by Legal 500 based in Central London. Get in touch with our qualified solicitors to help in the Global Talent Visa Endorsement or Visa application. For further information about our immigration service, please email us at [email protected] or Whatsapp us / call on +44 7448 5656 70.
Disclosure : Anunlimitedamountofmoney.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, We will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.